Friday, February 11, 2011

Why I am in love with "carb style" bread

There are so many low carb products readily available now that were difficult to find when I was on my first round of low carb dieting.  It makes it so much easier to stick to the diet and feel like you are eating like a "normal" person.  I really like "carb style" bread from pepperidge Farm.  Each slice has 8g of carbs, and 3g of fiber, for a total of 5g of net carbs per slice.  In case you are new to low carb diets, most allow you to eliminate the fiber count from your carb count.  The slices are definitely smaller and thinner than regular bread, but for me, having any bread is a complete joy!  Wrapping sandwiches in lettuce leaves is great, but every once in awhile, it is nice to just have tuna with actual bread.  I find that open faced sandwiches work better, because 10g of carbs can be a lot to spend at one time, on one food.  Also, a full sandwich can sometimes increase my carb cravings later that evening.  I'm not sure if this is the carb count, because I have certainly had more than 10g of carbs at a meal.  I think it may be some kind of subconscious thought around eating so much bread.  My obvious need for therapy aside, 'Carb style" is definitely a product that has improved my experience with the low carb diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment